Tuesday 20 May 2014

Poland Food

food, cooking and other aspects connected with this topic). I would like to write that I'm from Poland and I like our traditional food recipes. There many opinions about it. In this article I would like to write about recipes, opinions about it and maybe I will give you some examples of traditional Polish meals. Read this article to the end and maybe you will find some interesting information in it. 

Poland Food


In this part of the article I would like to give you some information about food recipes. It's difficult to find "pure" Polish meals. Many countries and cultures influenced our food (for example such countries as Germany, France, Italy, oriental countries etc). Typical Polish food is connected with Slavonic countries.


I want to provide you some information about history of Polish recipes. Our food is considered as spicy, with a lot of meat and grits. Meals in these times used a lot of relishes such as pepper, nutmeg and other kinds of relishes. There were very popular kinds of food and ingredients many years ago such as honey, turnip and peas. People were drinking beer, honey and wine which was imported from Silesia and Hungary. Queen Bona Sforza had a big influence on Polish food recipes. She brought Italian cooks to Poland. Polish food recipes have changed a lot.


Poland Food


I think that these are the most important facts about Polish food recipes and their history. I would like to give you some examples of traditional Polish meals. First, there is the Easter cake (dame) which came to Poland from Belarus and Lithuania. The next typical Polish dish is red borsch (which came from Lithuania) and white borsch. Don't forget about gallimaufry. Many people think that it was invented by Poles, but this dish came to Poland also from Lithuania. Typical dishes that came from Poland are boiled vegetables with butter, Polish zander, and boiled potatoes and fore shank.

Now we can't talk about uniform Polish cooking, because there are different habits in different parts of Poland (it's called regional cooking). Regional Polish food recipes are becoming very popular in Europe. I hope they will be popular in the whole world soon.

That's all that I wanted to write about Polish cooking. I think that examples of traditional Polish food and information about its history were interesting. I hope that you have enjoyed reading this text. I'm going to write more culinary articles in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment